Tuesday 5 August 2014

CHALLENGE 95 - FAVOURITE THINGS


JAINE

Wow when I was asked to host the challenge 'Favourite things' I had no idea what a dilemma that would pose. I have so many favourite things it was so hard to choose just one to showcase so the only way to show you just a few of them is to make a project which includes one or two.

I adore making mini albums, especially from recycled or unusual things, so here's a mini made with paper bags. I've stamped and embossed the front panel with the Fancy Deco Lattice stamp one of my favourite backgrounds. I had to get inky with some spray ink and I love love washi tape so what better than to make my own. Later in in the month I'll be showing you how I made that.

Anyway, here the team show you their favourite things.  Link up below to show us your favourites and don't forget if you use a Sarah Hurley product in your entry you can win an extra special prize.


Elaine

I made a necklace using printable shrink plastic and the Curio set with my jewellery stash




One of my favourite things is to use up paper scraps. I love nothing more than being able to get rid of all those left over bits and pieces. I often leave them in a corner of my desk for a while to be able to grab them and use them up as inspiration strikes! On my card below everything was a scrap on my desk. I used a sentiment stamp set from Sarah Hurley and the paper in behind the die cut hearts is from her paper range also.



I love card making and it makes me happy whenever I can incorporate my other craft favorite which is sewing. For this month's challenge, I added a favorite craft material I used in sewing which is felt. Sarah's felt flower is just pretty and I have to add it as my embellishment. The pinks and blues are my favorite colors + die cuts which I all incorporate in this month's challenge. I used a combination of different paper kits: April kit-HappyJuly kit-All at Sea, and Be Mine kit. The felt is from St Marks add on kit.    



For this challenge I decided I wanted to use my favourite colour - hot pink, a photo of my favourite Summer shoes and the title of one of my favourite Summer songs...


I used papers from a selection of Sarah's A Few Of My Favourite Things Kits, the photo is an Instagram print from Printed.com and added a selection of yellow brads from my own stash.



Like Nicole, I love making the most of paper scraps. I also love my filofax which has become very dated and looks nothing like the fancy ones I see on Instagram every day. So I found the perfect solution! While waiting for my new academic diary refills to arrive I made new divider pages from paper scraps from my kits with washi tape and my label maker.Wow what a difference it's made! Excuse the photo quality- my camera's still not working and my phone isn't the best for bright colours.






I have used my favourite colours, shades of blue and teal to create a set of 4x4" mini notelets. The Backgrounds are watercolour pencils overstamped with a little sequin detail stamp from one of Sarah's previous AFOMFT kits (which is where I have collected the embellishments from too over the months). 
The sentiment stamps are also available from Sarah's shop.


Clare

For this challenge I wanted to make a card using my most used stamp range....Doodle Dolls. Here I have used stamps from the Princess set. I am also a huge fan of Sarah's AFOMFT monthly kits.




Like Jaine I was in a real dilemma as I have so many favourite things. But then I settled on idea....one of my favourite things is to make 'To-do' lists so I thought I would combine that with one of my favourite colour combos of lemon and grey and alter a little clipboard to use as a list holder. The papers are from one of of the AFOMFT kits.




I made my PL page for February using AFOMFT Kits, Sarah's files from the Silhouette Store and Sarah's Stamps those three are among my favourite things, as are the items I have put on my page.






1 comment: